Here you go ladies! The recipe for Zucchini Herb Casserole:
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 pounds zucchini, cubed (It’s really just preference how much zucchini you add)
- 1 cup sliced green onions (I didn’t have green onions so I just cut up a white onion I had)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/4 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 1/2 cups seeded, chopped tomatoes (I cut up some tomatoes from the garden but also added a can of Italian Style Diced Tomatoes. I really recommend this because it added a lot to the flavor)
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 Cup cooked white rice (just follow the cooking directions on the box)
- You should have cooked your rice ahead of time and set it aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a shallow 1 1/2 quart casserole dish.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat, and cook the zucchini, green onions, and garlic 5 minutes, or until tender.
- Season with garlic salt, basil, paprika, and oregano.
- Mix in the cooked rice, tomatoes, and 1 cup cheese (if you add these things too early, your casserole will be runny and mushy.)
- Continue to cook and stir until heated through. Transfer to the prepared casserole dish. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake uncovered 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
This was super easy and so good! It’s meant to be a side dish but I served it as the main dish and served it with garlic bread. It turned out great and nobody complained, so I guess they liked it!