Why my socks have holes:
Him: your socks have holes
Me: I know
Him: you got attacked by wild badgers again?
TP, you’re killin me!
Me: I had a major issue last night.
Him: Oh yeah?
Me: I got up in the night to go to the bathroom. Only I couldn’t find the end of the toilet paper role. I made a full rotation of the entire role like five times and still no end.
Him: It’s because you put the role on backwards
Me: Yes, I know that! (clearly annoyed)
Me: It was dark, and freezing cold and I was tired and I just wanted to go back to bed, but I had to sit there for like 20 minutes searching for a place to tear the toilet paper.
Him: Just turn on the light
Me: *exasperated sigh*
(what did the man expect me to do? get up off the toilet-pre wipe-and drip my way over to the light switch? seriously. men do not get it.)
Update on Project Happy Again in 2010:
Day One: Sunday
– started a notebook to keep track of my progress
– made a list of improvements I’d like to make within myself
– made a list of ways that I could accomplish this
– my happy thought for the day was my baby dog, Ashland who kept her chin on my knee the entire time I wrote.
Day Two: Monday
– revamped my blog and centered more toward my theme for 2010
– chatted with Miss H about things we can do to motivate each other (she’s working towards some of the same goals that I am)
– classes went smoothly and I didn’t feel the urge to trip any prissy freshman girls
– took Ashland on an afternoon walk around the block and got some exercise
– passed my work evaluation with flying colors! (i was a little stressed over that one but I channelled positive energy before meeting with my supervisor and everything came out great)
– paid off my last bit of debt (not including student loans which is the last thing I have to tackle) and deposited a chunk into my savings! yay!
– forgot that it was my day to go to the gym- oops
So far, so good! It’s day 3 and I feel light as air!
My goals for today include:
1. Catch up on homework
2. Finish cleaning the basement and get an office area set up for myself
4. Put together a nice dinner for tonight
That’s all folks!! Have a wonderful and HAPPY day!
PS- Please go check out the beautiful new additions to the Noun shop!
I wish I could go back and ask Santa for this little ditty: