As I said before, I don’t typically make New Years Resolutions. But that’s just because I’m superstitious about it. It almost makes me feel like I’m jinxing my goals if I make them at New Year’s. But what the heck. I’m going to give it a go this year and see what happens.
Without further ado, I present:
Kim’s 2011 New Year’s Resolutions
1. Complete the rest of the credit’s for my bachelor’s minus my senior seminar which I’ll save for January of 2012.
2. Read five new books of my choice. I know this doesn’t sound like much, but it’s hard to get any pleasure reading in when you’re a full time student. (One of my classes this semester has six required texts-yikes!)
3. Finish my spreadsheet and research on my chosen grad schools and narrow it down to the top three choices.
4. Finish the new Master bedroom and get everything moved in there. This includes coming up with a functional and organized closet plan that works for Andy and I (and our shoes.)
5. Put together a comfortable guest room so I can finally feel at ease having friends and family stay overnight.
6. Maintain the budget plan that I have followed this year but be better at reconciling it weekly.
7. Clean and organize the basement and all the accumulating random stuff that is just laying around down there.
8. Set up a weekly schedule for homework and study and stick to it. No more procrastinating.
9. Walk/take Ash to the park twice per week at a minimum. Boy do I get lazy.
10. Double emergency fund. I dipped in to this for Christmas so I’d like to get it back to where I had it as well as double it by the end of the year.
11. Pay off GL student loan. I’m close on this one so hopefully I’ll even be able to get cracking on the other student loan I have. I got a small scholarship for this semester so that should help a bit.
12. Remove my makeup and wash my face before bed every night. I don’t know why this is so hard for me to do, especially because I wake up feeling so much better and refreshed when I take the time for it.
13. Try one new recipe per month. I wish I could do more, but it’s hard finding the time or energy to really cook during the week.
14. Continue my dance lessons and work out on my own one additional night per week.
15. Do one thing off my projects list every weekend.
16. Complete the wedding plans and then enjoy the fruits of my labor!!
So that’s it. What is your number 1 goal for 2011?