Recap from Kim at PCL.
I have to say that 2010 was a pretty good year for me. I thought I’d participate in this little recap survey to sum it all up.
1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?
Went to Washington DC and did all the touristy things. Love, loved it. I want to go again.
2. Did you keep your New Years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I actually don’t make any New Year’s resolutions. You’d think it’d be the perfect excuse for this list/goal/accomplishment obsessed girl to have some fun but it’s just something I don’t do.
3. What countries did you visit?
America. Let’s hope the honeymoon will bring something a little more exciting next year.
4. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
I’d like to have an organized basement. A nice office and guest room. A gray couch & armchair. A kitchen floor. A new master bedroom. Peonies in the yard. A new front door and dark shutters instead of white.
5. What date from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory?
6. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Get my new job in special collections and getting my associates degree.
7. What was your biggest failure?
B- in History of England. Ugh.
8. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Bruised up my arm in a car accident.
9. What was the best thing you bought?
My wedding dress. Can’t wait to wear it.
10. Whose behavior merited celebration?
11. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Genny’s and a couple other people.
12. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Planning a wedding, getting my new job, being so close to graduating, finishing my first crossword without any help from Andy.
13. What song will always remind you of 2010?
I can’t think of one particular song but I’ve been listening to a lot of dance music these days. It seems that last year it was all about dreamy stuff from Sia and Bon Iver.
14. Compared to this time last year, are you happier or sadder?
I’ve gotten progressively happier over the last five years as things start moving in the right direction, so I’d say I feel happier this year.
15. What do you wish you’d done more of?
I wish I had gone to the gym more. I wish I had read more. I wish I had gone camping more.
16. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Homework. Although, I didn’t really have a choice on that one.
17. How will you be spending Christmas?
It’s over but we spent it with family.
18. Did you fall in love in 2010?
19. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Nope. Still hate the same people I hated last year. ;)
20. What was the best book you read?
Can’t pick just one. The Hunger Games Trilogy and The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo Trilogy
21. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Kinda fell in love with Michael Grimm’s sound and got hooked on Glee.
22. What did you want and get?
I wanted Andy to ask me to marry him.
23. What did you want and not get?
The house remodels to be complete. The honeymoon to be booked. The truck to be sold. New couch and chair.
24. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was 29 on March 1. It was kind of a let down. I’m hoping that this year will be much better.
25. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
If I had graduated, moved out of state and been accepted to grad school.
26. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
Evolving. I’ve spent much of the year wishing I could wear my heels again and being sad that it’s not really practical to wear heels while walking around campus. I gave in to the skinny jean craze and was surprised to find that I love them. I’ve let my hair grow longer than it’s ever been. I bought my first pair of Toms.
27. What kept you sane?
Andrew’s patience, cuddles from the animals, Miss H, books, music, blogging.
28. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
29. Who was the best new person you met?
The girls I work with in the library.