1. We have not seen the Hunger Games yet. Truthfully, I have been reluctant to see it, for fear that it would ruin the books for me. (Much the same way that Kristin Stewart ruined a previous three-book series I read.)
2. I hate shrimp in every form. It disgusts me and the texture makes me gag. I love most other seafood.
3. I am purposefully not taking very good care of a peace lily that was gifted to me, because I secretly want it to die. Shame! I know! But those things get so big and I don’t want a ginormous house plant. Does anyone want my peace lily?
4. I haven’t worked out in three weeks and I scold myself daily about it- but still have yet to get back in to the swing of things. Laziness sucks.
5. I have passed out at the ‘lady’ doctor’s office twice and once woke up with some other ladies’ husband fanning me. Embarrassing much?
What is your Tuesday Confession?
Hi. I’m the girl behind Her Sunday. I think it’s about time that I properly introduce myself on this blog. You see, I woke up this morning and decided to ask myself some questions that I’ve been trying to avoid asking myself for a long time. The big one being: Why am I so scared to be myself?
Let me explain. I live in this weird in between land where I love who I am, (most of the time) but I don’t really know who I am. I’m constantly looking at other people and trying to pattern myself after who they are. I’m always wishing that I was more like this or more like that and I really don’t think this is healthy in the heavy doses that I’m subjecting myself to.I think I can’t really be content with the person that I am because I don’t really know who that is.
I want 2012 to be the year of discovery. The year of finding out who I am and what makes me tick. Not to bore you with more 2012 talk but let’s start with honesty right now- that’s part of who I am. Embracing new beginnings, setting goals and challenging myself. So right now I challenge myself to set down some real truths about me:
1. I’m 30 years old. (starting simple shall we?)
2. I just graduated college with a bachelors in history and have no idea what to do now.
3. I always planning on grad school but frankly, it no longer thrills me. (and that realization scares me)
4. I got married this summer to a guy who is way too good to me.
5. I’ve been married before to a guy who was way too mean to me.
6. Some days I can’t wait to have a baby. Other days I never want a baby.
7. I love my job and my coworkers but despise my boss, who I don’t respect.
8. I’m goal oriented but also extremely lazy.
9. I’m most happy when I’m working in the garden or weeding my flowers.
10. I’ve always been a book worm but lately I find reading less and less enjoyable. (overkill in college maybe?)
11. I want to connect to other dreaming bloggers like me.
12. I was a dancer for 25 years and lately have been contemplating reopening my studio-but I’m scared of failure.
13. I sometimes wish I could go away on vacation all by myself. I love that time with yourself when you are relaxed, free from responsibility and can really find out a lot about yourself.
14. Things that are no big deal make me nervous. Things that should just be funny when they happen, embarrass me.
15. I have a hard time sticking to personal goals once I’ve started them. If someone is counting on me to get something done, then I have no problem doing it. Why can’t I be that dedicated to myself? Am I not worth the time and effort?
16. I love to organize things and I love clean and stylish homes (mine is neither of those things right now)
17. Music speaks to my soul and I can’t imagine a day without it. I played the flute growing up (because my mother and all my sisters did) but I wish I’d learned to play additional instruments.
18. I feel like I can’t breath when there’s no sunlight.
19. I really love food. I need to cook more.
20. The worst chore in the world is scrubbing the bathtub. The best chore in the world is making my bed.
So there you have it. I don’t mean for this post to be depressing in any way- but I want to be real and that means facing things that I normally chose to ignore. I’m hoping that this blog can be my journey to self discovery this year, whether it be through crafting, cooking, gardening, shopping (!), or working out. I don’t want to be a copy of someone else anymore. I want to be me!